Saturday, February 13, 2016

Soccer Scrapes

Sometimes, I wonder if I have a bulls-eye hanging out somewhere on my body.  Sometimes, I just wonder if I am that much of a klutz.  Friday night I had two soccer games.  Nothing unusual about that for me.  However, in those two hours I managed to:

-have a ball slammed up on my face
-have my hand slammed into an open box area
-get tripped over by a teammate

All on my right side too.  I couldn't hear out of my ear afterwards.  It was like a cotton ball was stuffed in my ears.  My hand has some nice bruising going on.  My ankle is stiff and sore.  Thank ankle is my biggest concern.  I am running 22 miles tomorrow; my longest run for marathon training and the last long run until the marathon.  I have been icing, flossing, therapy-ing, and general all around TLC-ing my ankle in preparation of the run.  I don't want to miss out on running the last long run, but it will depend on how this ankle feels in the morning.

Truthfully, I'm just frustrated with myself as this is the second time in under six months that I have gotten a major ankle injury a few weeks before a race.  I'm starting to question my ability to play sports and train.  A close friend thinks I am over-extending myself.  I worry about my inability to stay still.  I think after my marathon, I am going to re-evaluate my balance in extracurriculars...  until then, I'll continue running...





No comments:

Post a Comment