Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Confession

Since running the LR Marathon a couple of weeks ago, I have gone running once.  I've had a few soccer games (indoor and out) and have amped up my return to CrossFit, but running just hasn't been a craving I desire.  I knew I would also have to take some time off when my hip injection.  However, the timing of me giving my body a running rest, the injection, and the overindulgence of birthday foods has left me feeling full and fat.  I allowed myself way too many treats to celebrate- because I finished the race, because it was my birthday, because I had to carb load.  I was looking for excuses where ever I could find them.  Now, I am seeing the consequences.  It took months of hard work of training and running to drop just a few pounds on my frame, and yet it took just a couple of weeks to undo all of the damage.

I am trying to not beat myself up over it.  Tomorrow is indeed a new day.  I was hoping that if I let it out, I could let it go, and move back to making progress.  Sometimes, I just hold things inside too much, and then torture myself and mentally beat myself up for my slip ups and (temporary) failures.

I find it to be no coincidence that I saved this image just the other day.  

1 comment: