Friday, March 25, 2016

Sweet Potato Quiche

It's: Foodie Friday!  *cheers!*

White surfing on Facebook this morning, I stumbled upon an amazing recipe:Sweet Potato Quiche  For my batch breakfasts I typically make an egg, turkey sausage, and sweet potato or rice concoction.  This looked right up my alley for a new way to create a different breakfast with most of the same ingredients.  I modified it to my liking, but it was amazing!

My version:
2 sweet potatoes
coconut oil (to coat the pan)
4 eggs
2 egg whites
splash of almond milk
handfuls of spinach
1 red bell pepper
slice of an onion (not a big fan)
6 turkey sausage links
baby tomatoes (cut in half, on top)
horizon mozzarella cheese (to sprinkle on top)

You can follow the version on the link.   I think my changes are fairly obvious, but if you have a question, feel free to ask away!

Slicing up potatoes.

Onions, bell pepper, and spinach.

Mixing the eggs, cutting the sausage, and pouring it all in.

Final presentation!





No comments:

Post a Comment