Tuesday, January 19, 2016

365 days since I started CrossFit


Wow-zah!  It has been one year, or 365 days, since my first CrossFit class.  Part of me cannot believe it has only been a year, part of me feels like it has been so much longer.  I love it!  I'm not an oversharer about my fitness regime (aside from posting running stuff- according to some), but I do love love my CrossFit.  I wish I had a before picture of my body then compared to now.  Not a face "this is me" picture but more of a "look at how much my muscles have grown" picture.  However, I have PR-ed in running since starting CrossFit.  I have changed clothing sizes.  The way my pants and shirts fit it completely different due to muscles growing and fat shrinking. The results are there.  I just have to remind myself of the progress I've made.

Now, I completely consider myself an average gal.  I've tried boot camps, gyms, fancy gyms, gym classes, gym challenges, etc.  None of them stuck with me.  I'd burn out.  Lose motivation. Get sick only to never return.  CrossFit is different.  Once I overcame my own timidness in relation to trying CrossFit, I was hooked.  Yes, I had to learn the mechanics, the moves, but once I did, I never looked back.  Now the lifts, the kettlebells, even those bloody burpees, all have become a part of my life.



I am a firm believer that there is a healthy routine for everyone.  Whether it is CrossFit, boot camp, TRX, spin class, 1:1 training, something is out there to get your body moving and your heart rate up.  It just requires time and patience to figure out what works for you.  CrossFit has become an important part of my life, and my routine, in conjunction with running.  I'm so beyond thankful for my CrossFit community and friends, and all the challenges, strengths, and gains that have come along with it.  I cannot wait to see what the next 366 (leap year!) days have in store for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment