Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Progression on Running


The official results for Sunday's 3k came in.  They truly showed me how far I have come the past year.  Usually, when it comes to running, I train for a race then slack off.  Or get injured and have to take time off to heal.  Last year, while I had my typical knee issues, I didn't go through too much trauma aside from a grade II sprain on my left ankle thanks to soccer two weeks before a half! But I digress.  I was stoked to take the results from Sunday and compare them to the same race a year ago.  I improved by over 4 minutes! That's nuts to me.  Maybe it is the fact that I ran fairly diligently last year .  Maybe it is the addition of CrossFit to my routine.  Maybe both. Or neither.  But seeing process like that = motivation to keep running.







No comments:

Post a Comment