Friday, January 22, 2016

The Meal Prep Life

It's Foodie Friday!

But since the snowpocalypse that didn't come to full fruition arrived this morning, I stayed huddled in the house and worked from home with a sick husband and a kiddo that got a free pass from school.  Since I didn't go cray-cray with any creations this week, I thought I'd talk about the food prep life.

I get comments all the time at work about my containers.  I love them and I love out of them.  I have an IsoPack backpack that I use every day.  It fits my meals, laptop, paperwork, water, and any excess stuff I need to haul,  I love it!


On Sunday, I typically set aside a couple of hours, and batch make some meals for the week.  With my busy life of running, sports, fitness, I'd rather have spare time during the week to spend with my family then try to make a meal for one before or after a meal for two is made. (They do not eat like me, and therefore meals together typically require two types of meals being made.)  I make a breakfast and lunch/dinner combo, along with snack and mini veggie bags.  I try to mix it up, but it varies as to what I have in hand, what is on sale, and what is in season.  Below are just some the random pictures of batch meals I have made in the past,





The food lasts the work week and keeps me on track.  Otherwise, I know me, and I would easily deviate from my food plan with excuses of "I'm too tired to cook." or "I just ran, I can splurge,"  This not only hold me accountable, but I also hate wasting food.  :)

Now, if only I could figure out what polite, PC appropriate quick witted response is appropriate for all the "Oh I could never do that" or " you are so dedicated" or "you always eat like that" comments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment