Sunday, January 3, 2016

In the Beginning

Truthfully, I have no idea if anyone wants to read yet another health and fitness blog.  I debated even tempting to write one.  But once upon a time, when I first started working towards a better, healthier me, I kept one.  And I enjoyed writing out my thoughts and feelings, sharing with others, and having others share with me.  Social medial, while helpful and motivating, limits the amount of excess words I babble through, my stream of consciousness.

Hippos & Herons came to me as a name for many reasons.  Both are creatures that I admire and both are from my childhood.  "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" is by far my favorite Christmas song.  In fact, my current vehicle is named after this song.  Herons were something my mom used to say I was like, as a tall and lanky child.  But both also have much deeper meanings.

Everyone has fat days.  I may say I feel like I hippo if I overeat or overindulge.  But when I go to CrossFit, I'm all for being a hippo.  Strong.  Powerful.  Beastly.  Being a hippo has perks!

A heron is such a graceful bird.  Hopefully, when I run, I am more like a heron than a hippo.  But a heron may also be how I feel when I feel more fragile on my legs too (thanks to many a knee and hip issues).

A hippo loves healthy eats!  As do herons.  Both have diets worthy of clean eating.  Again, amazing creatures, I say.

So... here's to working towards a terrific 2016, sprinkled with more of my nonsense and ramblings.


1 comment:

  1. Well, I for one will be following your blog! 😘 Love you!

    ReplyDelete