Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Run Day ReCap #2

Tuesday night was a steady 3 miles on the treadmill.  Nothing too crazy to write home about.  Wednesday was the usual evening run with the gals.  My legs felt great and I got in a good 5 miles with one of the sunshiny bright Belles.

Wednesday night chill.

But... Holy Cannoli! What a Sunday RunDay.  It was sooooo cold when I woke up this morning to meet my running gals.  We are training for Little Rock, half and full (full for me), so we set out on a loop with some "rolling hills," two loops for the full runners.  I think it was around 30 degrees the entire run.

Our "it's too early for a face photo" picture at the start.

The first loop was tolerable once I warmed up.  We got through it alright and then said farewell to those that needed 9 miles after refueling with gu and water.
Parting is such sweet sorrow.

That second loop, it was BRUTAL!  I could not get my head in the game.  I don't know if it was my hip aching, my knees crunching, or my mental mind game about the aforementioned issues, but I started feeling every step I took.  We switching up the intervals we were running to get through it, and thankfully, I persevered.

 Thankful for these two for keeping me moving forward.

Afterwards, it took forever to warm back up at home.  I had to ice my knees and hip, so that didn't exactly help either.  Hot tea, shower, blanket, all of the above!  The rest of the day has consisted of laundry and football.  I'm not much for moving around right now.

18 miles, ftw.

So glad that this upcoming long run is a shorter one before we have to venture on the 20 miles.  Oh my goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment