Sunday, January 10, 2016

SunDay Run Day ReCap #1

This weekend was a super run-filled full one!  I was scheduled to complete 16 miles for my marathon training, but I also had signed up for a local off road trail series and the first race was today.  So, the gals I run with and I decided to run 14 on Saturday and the remaining 2 on Sunday.


We were so fortunate on Saturday.  The storm let up before we took off running at 7AM and only came down with some force once for a few minutes around mile 10.  We finished up, and the rain decided to return with a vengeance.  Talk about luck of the draw!

Post run selfie, a true requirement of our accomplishments.

Saturday night was the annual party for the local run club.  I had never been before, so it was quite an adventure.  Delicious food, fabulous friends, and some entertaining dancing moves!



Some of my fabulous running group...Wearing something other than running gear!

Sunday, Run Day rounded out the weekend with a 3k at a park in Midtown.  It was freezing!  Winter has decided to arrive, and with a grand entrance at that!  Thankfully, the sun was shining.  The trails were nice and muddy since it rained so much yesterday.  Bonus!  I was really proud of this run as I managed to run the entire thing without stopping to walk once!  I am typically an interval runner, but since this was (technically) just under 2 miles, I thought I would go until I couldn't go anymore.  And go I went!  

Mandatory finish line smiles.
Overall, I'm super impressed my legs are still attached to my body after this weekend!  Now it'

s time to go get my roll on (roll out? Rollin'?) and stretch so they don't decide to fall off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment